The only drinks competition in the world dedicated solely to the Scotch Whisky business has launched its 5th annual competition.
The Scottish Whisky Awards, the national awards programme for Scotch whisky, strives to honour and reward individuals, groups, and products which together contribute to the success of Scotland’s greatest global product.
The competition involves the rigorous blind tasting of four primary Scotch categories: Single Malt, Blended Malt, Blends, and Single Cask & Speciality including Single Grain. It is the only one of its kind in Scotland with an industry-focused judging panel deliberating under stringent blind tasting guidelines. Last year the competition received over 180 products.
An independent judging panel, made up of a diverse group of professionals from Scotland, the UK, and beyond will assess entries in both the taste competition and the business competition. Professor Alan Wolstenholme will once again serve as the chairman of the judging panels, he commented:
“The Scottish Whisky Awards has gone from strength to strength to deliver the positive reputation it has today. As we know from previous years, finalists and winners can gain a huge advantage in a competitive worldwide market by winning a Scottish Whisky Award.
This year, I have the honour of chairing the distinguished judges’ panel once more, and we are looking forward to discussing the stories behind the brands and products that our outstanding Scottish distillers have submitted.”
The Scottish Whisky Awards is now open for entry until Tuesday 13th July 2023, for any help with the entry process please contact email@example.com.
This year’s winners will be announced and celebrated at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Glasgow on Thursday 30th November 2023. The awards will again support The BEN, the Benevolent Society of the Licensed Trade of Scotland, and tickets are available to book HERE.
For details on available sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2023 Judging Panel can be viewed HERE
The Business Categories
- Excellence in Branding
- Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Independent Bottler of the Year
- The Dr Jim Swan Award for Services to Scotch Whisky
- Scottish Whisky Distillery of the Year
- Newcomer of the Year
- Product Launch of the Year
- Tourism Destination of the Year
- Sustainable Distillery of the Year
The Taste Categories
- Single Malt 12 and Under
- Single Cask 12 and Under
- Single Malt Aged 17-20
- Single Malt - No Age Statement (Peated)
- Blended Malt
- Blended Scotch
- Single Malt - No Age Statement (Unpeated)
- Single Malt Aged 13-16
- Single Malt 21 and Over
- Single Cask 13 and Over
- Speciality – Grain, Single Grain, Speciality Cask or other Innovative Expressions
Product Delivery Details:
- Taste Categories: Please deliver 2 x 70cl or 3 x 50cl bottles of each entered whisky to the O2 Academy Edinburgh between Thursday 17th and Friday 18th August 2023, during the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm. An event manager will meet you and confirm receipt.
- Newcomer of the Year and Product Launch of the Year; Please deliver 1 x 70cl bottle of each entered whisky to the O2 Academy Edinburgh between Thursday 17th and Friday 18th August 2023, during the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm. Please let it be known and label your products ‘Newcomer of the Year’.